We all love our senior dogs but there is no doubt that owning a senior dog can be expensive which is why here at Leesville Animal Hospital we have put together our Senior Wellness Program! Beginning April 1st, we will be launching our senior program which is the ultimate in senior wellness.
Most pets are considered “senior citizens” when they have celebrated their 7th birthday and beyond (some larger breeds are considered geriatric at age 5). It is at this point in our pets aging process that they can begin to develop health issues that may not be apparent to the physical eye. We are now pleased to offer a total “Senior Wellness Care Program” to screen for these health problems to include the following tests and procedures:
- Examination by a veterinarian (to diagnose any physical abnormalities)
- Cardiac EKG (to assess heart function)
- Tonometry (eye pressure testing for glaucoma)
- Digital X-rays (chest & abdomen to screen for internal abnormalities)
- Blood panel testing (complete blood count, chemistry panel, thyroid, urinalysis & heartworm testing if applicable)
- Blood pressure screening (to evaluate possible hypertension)
- Nutritional and joint assessment, weight management & dental counseling (for preventative maintenance)
The normal pricing for these individual tests would run $595, however, we are offering this program at a 33% discount, bringing the cost down to $395 for a savings of $200!
Remember, this program begins on April 1st and will help make sure that your senior ages gracefully so drop in and get your senior booked for their senior wellness services now!