Mobile vet Raleigh services are all over the triangle, but is a mobile vet the right choice for you and your pet?
Mobile vets might seem like a convenient solution for your pet’s vet care but mobile vet Raleigh services aren’t always the best choice for every pet.
Today we want to talk about why mobile vet Raleigh services might or might not be the answer you hope for.
What to Consider When Looking at Mobile Vet Raleigh Services
Mobile veterinary services can seem like a convenient solution if you are always on the go, but there are some drawbacks to the convenience that this service brings. If you are thinking about using a mobile vet service, consider the following things first…
- Mobile vet clinics are limited in their equipment and the services that they can offer.
- The American Animal Hospital Association does not accredit mobile veterinary services.
- Mobile veterinary services cannot offer the sterilization options that a traditional clinic can.
- Mobile vet clinics are limited in staff, that means fewer hands to help with your pet.
A Mobile Vet Raleigh Service Might Not Be Right For You…
The limitations of mobile vet services mean that this may not be the right choice for you and your pet in a number of situations. Some of these situations include:
- Pets with significant medical needs cannot be cared for appropriately by a mobile vet clinic.
- Exceptionally large pets are also not well suited to mobile vet care.
- Pets with special needs like wheelchairs are not suited to mobile veterinary care on all occasions.
A Mobile Vet Raleigh Service Might Be Right For You…
There are some instances, however, where a mobile vet service might be the right choice for you and your pet. Some of these situations include:
- Pets with severe anxiety over going to the veterinary clinic can benefit from mobile vet services.
- Pets that do not interact well with other animals can also benefit from mobile vet services since there is no exposure to other animals.
- Pet owners who are unable to drive or do not have transportation can also benefit from mobile vet clinics.
Should You Be Concerned About Using a Mobile Vet?
If a mobile vet clinic is the right solution for you, should you be concerned about using one? Are they safe?
Don’t get us wrong, there are many great mobile veterinary services in the Triangle, but as your pet’s guardian, it is crucial to thoroughly check out a mobile vet service before using their services.
So, what should you look for in a good mobile veterinary service?
- A thoroughly qualified vet – mobile vets must have the same qualifications as regular vets.
- Modern and up to date technology – mobile vet clinics have limitations on their services, but it’s important that your mobile vet has the most up to date technology available.
- A mobile veterinarian may or may not also offer in home care, whether or not this is right for you is based on your pet’s current health and your individual needs.
If a mobile vet clinic isn’t right for you, we would love to welcome you as part of our Raleigh, NC family! Give us a call today at (919) 870-7000 and set up your first appointment with us!