Do you know that just like human medical care, veterinary care is constantly advancing?
Here at Leesville Animal Hospital, we know that it’s our responsibility to stay on top of all of the newest advances in veterinary care! But not all vets feel the same way!
Why It’s Important for Your Raleigh Vet Center to Stay on Top of Veterinary Advances
There are many reasons why it’s important for your Raleigh vet center to stay on top of veterinary advances.
Obviously one of the most important reasons is so that your vet can offer your pet the best treatment options available, but there’s more to it than just that…
- Staying up to date on the newest veterinary advances also means getting a better understanding of constantly evolving disease processes such as new strains of illnesses or resistant strains of bacteria.
- Ongoing veterinary education also ensures that your Raleigh vet center is aware of potential new treatments that are still in their trial phase.
- Conferences and courses are also a way for your vet to make contacts with other veterinarians who may have resources or knowledge that they don’t!
- “Staying in the loop” is important in researching specific illnesses, funding research opportunities, and expanding a practice.
Does Your Raleigh Vet Center Stay On Top of Things?
So, how do you know if your Raleigh vet center is staying on top of veterinary advances?
Well, you can ask!
As your pet’s parent, it’s important for you to know that your pet is receiving the best veterinary care possible. That means that you have every right to ask about the vet clinic’s ongoing education program. What questions can you ask? Here are some examples:
- What is the hospital policy regarding continuing education for the professional staff?
- Is my vet a member of a professional veterinary association, state or local veterinary association?
- Does my vet have access to the most recent developments and research in veterinary medicine?
If your vet is reluctant to answer these questions or if their answer is undesirable, remember that you have every right to walk away. You are your pet’s advocate and your veterinarian should be your partner in caring for your pet.
Here at Leesville Animal Hospital, we are more than happy to answer any questions that you might have about our vets, our practice, and our policies! Just give us a call at (919)870-7000!