Hydrotherapy is a tool that we use frequently here at our Raleigh, NC clinic particularly for our client’s dogs that have undergone CCL repair! Here at Leesville Animal Hospital we always recommend the use of our hydrotherapy tank before and after CCL repairs for optimal recovery time.
Unfortunately, many people skip the recommendation of canine hydrotherapy because it adds cost to their dog’s operative procedure. Here at Leesville, however, our customized service plans can be suited to your needs! That means that you don’t have to miss out of the healing benefits that hydro offers!
The Benefits of Hydrotherapy in CCL Repair Clients
Canine water therapy in our Raleigh NC clinic offers many benefits to our clients, let’s take a look at some of them below:
– Water therapy offers exercise to injured dogs without the weight bearing properties of traditional exercise, this allows for strengthening of the muscle without the strain of weight bearing since the water in our high tech tank provides buoyancy.
– The heat from our hydrotherapy tank provides increased blood flow to the injured area of your dog to help to promote healing. Following hydrotherapy, your dog will also be iced to reduce the chance of swelling after exercise, we recommend that you also repeat this icing at home when possible during the day of your dog’s water therapy session.
– Hydrotherapy provides a means for exercise for your pet when they are injured or recovering, this prevents weight gain which can be detrimental to your pets overall health as well as the injury or surgery site.
– The process of hydrotherapy is both therapeutic and fun for your dog and a great way to avoid boredom related to restricted exercise after surgery.
– Water therapy here at Leesville is monitored closely by our vet techs as well as our doctors on staff which means that your dog has an exercise routine designed specifically for their needs.
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of hydrotherapy at Leesville Animal Hospital give us a call at (919)870-7000 and set up an appointment with Dr. Pearce!